People you contact or that you bring into your website in the hopes of selling them something, or getting them to hire you for a service that you provide.
Having the ability to acquire leads is one of the main things that will bring you success as an online business owner. Your business can get new business leads if you take on certain responsibilities. Make it a point to:
1. Alert previous clients and customers that you are offering new goods and services. Or, when you create something extra that might be appealing to them.
2. Simply put, you use leads more than one time. Yes, use them over and over again. Do this as frequently as possible without being known as a spammer. Reaching out to past leads is an excellent way to get them to trust you because they will like that you remembered them as past buyers. They will like that you remembered them and be willing to buy more products or hire you.
3. Advertise your product or service. Often people get so caught up in the right way to generate leads, they forget about the most basic method of all: straightforward advertising. One outlet for your ads would be in your community newspaper. You should also consider posting ads on classified websites. Although you will have the initial investment to pay out on the advertisements, once your ads have directed people to your site, you will reap the rewards. Advertising is the best way to make people aware of your product or service and it is quite efficient in this regard.
4. Dispatch some snail mail. It is well worth the price of the postage and printing of these flyers, as they will ultimately bring back business. If you collect a list of other businesses with the same interests and send out your ads to them, you will be getting some of the best exposure possible.
5. Last but not the least is following up on inquiries. Studies have proved that companies that get in touch with potential customers within an hour of receiving inquiry have greater possibilities of conversions than those communicating later. Do not allow your prospects to slip to competitors. You can set up alerts in order to ensure good quality leads are pinged to your company’s sales division.
6. Human Networking. I meet lots of people face to face, especially in line at markets. I start the conversation and invite them to coffee as I hand out my business card.